Why You Need to Protect Your Data
You can’t hold data in a corporate database at a single location anymore. Vendors, partners and consultants send millions of documents across corporate boundaries every day.
A Ponemon Institute study founded by IBM estimates the average data cost breach is $3.6 million. Another study by the Identity Theft Resource Center found that over 1,000 agencies and companies experienced data breaches in 2016 — a record 40 percent increase from the year before. And the numbers are growing. It’s not just about malicious data breaches, either. Information leakage, whether on purpose or inadvertently, can also compromise sensitive company data.
Why Legacy Security Won’t Work
Legacy security measures don’t protect sensitive data.
Information protection solutions used to focus on control. Firewalls and proxies kept sensitive information within corporate boundaries, and device security services protected data contained on managed devices and apps. But that only works for internal users. It doesn’t account for consultants, remote employees or third-party partners.
Traditional boundaries fall short of today’s security needs. With rapidly shifting collaboration scenarios, security measures need to change from organization centric to a data-centric focus, protecting the data wherever it goes.
Solution- What Is Azure Information Protection?
Azure Information Protection is a cloud-based application that classifies, labels and protects documents and emails within an organization. It’s a universal way to identify data across disparate locations and apply the appropriate security measures.
Use the service to protect against sharing and data leakage and keep unauthorized users from accessing shared data.
Azure Protection Information’s classification labels use headers, footers and watermarks to identify documents with sensitive information. The service adds metadata in clear text to files and email headers so other data loss prevention services can take action if necessary.
Although it’s cloud-based, Azure Information Protection supports on-premises and hybrid scenarios.
How AIP Benefits Your Business
– Internal and external data protection: Simplified document security that protects your documents, emails, and sensitive data no matter where it is and who it is shared with.
– Configurable data sharing to make sure the right information is always and only accessed by the right people. Define view, edit, share, or print access rights and how information is accessed by external contacts. Protection that follows your data.
– OneDrive for Business, and Outlook integration.
– Recipient email verification ensures documents have authorized access only.
– Visible, detailed logging and reporting so you can carefully control access.
AIP, is your BIG chance to get your data house in order. Ready and waiting to help you take total control of all your confidential data, Microsoft API allows you to expertly manage who sees what, when, where and how.